Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Poem for A Mother


In this mirror I see,
A reflection of a young girl,
Who, with brown eyes smiles without fear,
She has not the stress of this world,
Which always makes our heads twirl,
Why is it that she is untainted by this world?
For her mother is always ever near,
And with her mother there -- she is free.

In this mirror I now see,
A woman that has come to be,
Someone caught in the stress of life,
Which seems to only bring strife,
Where did that life so free go?
But even in this harsh world there is one thing I know!
I may be far from my mother,
But the standards I live by are from no other.

In this mirror lives a great love,
Only from a mother could this love have flowed,
Only that certain woman could have taught me,
How to live pure, faithful, and strong,
Only that woman could have taught me how to see,
Whats on the inside not on the outside -- the right not the wrong,
She showed me a God who set me free,
And now I am no longer lost and blind -- but found and free,
These truths I will forever keep stowed away in my heat -- everything she showed,
And in this reflection there will always live a great love,
As I remember my past,
Look hopeful unto the future,
And live strong in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment