Monday, August 30, 2010

Book of Sorrows: poem nine

A Longing for True Comfort:

She sits with friends who are closer then her blood family,
Yet she still feels alone,
They wish to comfort her,
But why then is her heart still sore?
They want to help, but she still has no comfort in her soul,
Why does she still feels alone?

The arms you offer I take,
But they give no comfort for my sake,
But I still want them around, yet I still have pain when they're gone,
Why do I feel so alone when love is in your grasp?
Will this hurt I feel be left in the arms of anyone?
Why is comfort so far out of anybody's grasp?

She pretends all is well because she wishes not to cry,
She knows their arms just won't comfort her,
With their arms full of love they comfort; for her there is none,
So she comforts them and gives them rest,
But no, she doesn't let them see her pain,
Because when they come to love the pain is never gone,

The arms you offer I take,
But they give no comfort for my sake,
But I still want them around me, yet I still have pain when they're gone,
It comes back constantly to my heart,
Because in your loving arms it really never did depart,
Why do I still feel alone when there is love in your grasp?
Will this pain inside ever be taken away in the arms of anyone?
Why does it seem that all comfort for me is out of everyone's grasp?
So out of everyone's reach,
So out of anyone's and everyone's touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment