Monday, August 30, 2010

Book of Sorrows: poem one

I found one of my old poetry books finally!! Although most of the poems I wrote in this book I wrote when going through a very difficult time in my life. So that's why this journal was named the Book of Sorrows. So some of the new poems on my blog will be kind of depressing; not all are though. Even though I go through many struggles in my life still, God has been amazing in my life and has brought me so far from who I used to be. I am not the same person I used to be. Be aware that this was when I first started writing poetry and back then it was hard to rhyme.


Poem one:
To wake in the morning and realize your grace,
I long to see you move in this place,
Your hands as they move through me,
Are unclear to me,
Until you open my eyes so I can see,

My failures of the past and dreams of the future,
Come together in the present to help me mature,
But on this day I'll think on neither,
Because what matters is this day,
So hold me in your hands and have your way,
For you know best because you are my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment